Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Halloween Success Story

OK! Good weekend these past couple of days! The red dress run was awesome...it's so great when everyone gets into the spirit of wearing a red dress--some of the guys looked absolutely fantastic! (and by fantastic I mean horrifying!) We ran in the streets of Paris, and EVERYONE was staring at us and taking our picture! The hares marked part of our trail through Cimetiere Pere Lachaise (yes, Jim Morrison, but I prefer to think of Oscar Wilde) in honor of Halloween, but the guards wouldn't let us in with our red dresses on. Phooey. We ARE respectful, despite appearances! After the run we reserved an entire bar (a small one, but still, an entire bar!) just for our little group...we drank and sang and generally made fools of ourselves, but Pull The Prick Out got the bartender's number (and he kept giving us free drinks...heh heh) so at least ONE of us made a good impression, ha!

After several more stops on our post-hash pub crawl, I made my way to Cinema Champo. I can't believe I made it through the movie marathon, lol! In case any of you had money on which scene I was going to zonk out in, I 'watched with my eyes closed' for the first 20 mins of Corpse Bride. Oh come on, that's one of my favorite movies, but it was 5am and I couldn't keep my eyes open!

I missed the first movie b/c I stayed out later than planned with the hashers after the red dress run, which meant also missing out on getting a real seat...not sure if they sold more tickets than seats available like they do on airplanes, hoping people don't show up or whatever, or if people just snuck in w/out paying for a ticket, but when I got to the theater there were several people sitting on the floor, and I got stuck sitting on the (really f*ing hard) stairs at the emergency exit along with two other people, right under the screen!! I had to basically look straight up to watch the movies, so it was difficult to see the subtitles, which is one of the reasons I went--more translation exercises!  I'll get it right next time...oh yes, there will be a next time. Even my shitty seat (or my sticky contacts or my sweaty red dress) couldn't take away from the awesomeness of the night. And they even had pretty decent coffee and croissants on the way out!

I'm going on about 3 hours sleep in the last 48...Friday I had too much on my mind (story for another, later post) and last night, obviously, I was hangin' with TB. But I dragged myself to the hangover hash run this afternoon (it was raining! so perfect for running through more Parisian streets near la Seine!) and now, after a load of laundry, I'm home and about to crash. I haven't pulled an all-nighter in quite some time, but at least it was for fun purposes and not for lame-o studying! (heh heh...just kiddin', kids, stay in school.)

kK

No comments: