Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm not drunk, I'm just trying to speak French!

HA! Out at a bar one night, Pull The Prick Out pulls THIS witty comment out of her alcohol-muddled head. The poor girl was giving it her all in a conversation en français with the only Frenchman in our party, and we all kept saying, QUOI? COMMENT? What You Say? Damn, Girl Is WASTED.

And at the 'wasted' comment PTPO, heavy-lidded eyes barely focusing on her accuser, loudly proclaimed her alcohol-innocent lack of language inhibitions with what has to be the greatest quote of all time for us 'Muricans in Paris: "I'm Not Drunk, I'm Just Trying To Speak French!"

I laughed so hard the bartender told us all to be quiet.

I'm too loud to even be in a BAR.

Anyway, PTPO's declaration is actually quite apropos...me speaking French is just simply hilarious--I've never felt stupider, or more muddled, or, let's face it, more funny, than I do when I'm trying to communicate with what I think is a pretty good accent (but one that apparently ISN'T). I'm getting to the point where I can't even really speak English, either! HAHA!

So basically, yeah, I should just shut up now and listen to more Mika...LOVE HIM. Let's put in a link to one of his songs, just for fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sknDfB3pJB8
Or maybe this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WknXCcVThI&feature=fvst

kK

No comments: